Applications are now open for Faber Writing Academy’s Mid-year Scholarship Program.
Faber Writing Academy at Allen & Unwin will award scholarships for its mid-year courses:
- Writing the Narrative Nonfiction Book (Melbourne)
- Writing a Speculative Fiction Novel (Online)
- Writing a Novel – Daytime (Sydney)
- Writing a Novel – Daytime (Melbourne)
Faber Writing Scholarships are open to anyone and offer successful applicants the chance to study for free. One scholarship place will be offered for each eligible course.
Please ensure you have read all the Faber Academy Scholarship terms and conditions before making your application.
The deadline for all scholarship places is midnight Sunday 2 June 2024.
In order to apply, you will need to submit:
· An online application answering several questions asked by our tutors
· An attachment with a sample of up to 1000 words of prose
The sample of prose you submit should ideally be from the work you intend to develop during the course, but if this is not possible, it is useful if it’s something not too dissimilar.
Terms and Conditions of all Scholarships
• The scholarships must be undertaken in 2024 and cannot be transferred to another year or a different Faber Writing Academy at Allen & Unwin course.
• Your writing sample must be saved as a single Word file, with your full name as the title of the document. Please do not include any other wording in the saved title other than your first and last name. Do not save as a PDF, or any other file format other than Word.
• The winners agree to commit to the entire duration of the course and will endeavour to attend each of the course sessions.
• Faber Writing Academy courses, and by proxy scholarship positions, are for participants aged 18 years and older.
• At the completion of the course, the winner agrees to write a piece about their experience of the course which can be used by Faber Writing Academy for promotional purposes.
• Faber Writing Academy at Allen & Unwin reserves the right to withdraw or not award a scholarship at any time.
• In the event that the course is cancelled, Faber Writing Academy cannot offer compensation or a transfer of the scholarship to any other Faber Writing Academy courses.
• The scholarships cover the tuition fee only, except where otherwise stated. It does not cover any travel, accommodation or other costs you might incur by attending the course.
• The decision of the judging committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.