In this one-day program, you’ll get the hands-on teaching you need to start writing fiction from one of Granta’s Best of Young British Novelists, Lauren Aimee Curtis, author of Dolores and Strangers at the Port.
Working with Lauren, alongside your fellow classmates, you will:
- Discover the tools you need to start writing
- Overcome common problems shared by emerging writers
- Understand some of the key fundamentals of writing fiction
- Meet other aspiring writers starting out in a welcoming, supportive classroom.
This course is designed to help you foster ideas, play with structure and techniques, and get your words going – plus practical advice on ‘where to next’. Interactivity is encouraged throughout, and there will be space for questions and answers during each session. At the end of the day, join Lauren for a complimentary drink and light refreshments, to hear about how to continue on with your writing.
Your course includes:
- A complimentary copy of a recent A&U publication.
- Tea and coffee and light refreshments.
- On completion of the course, alumni discount of 15% on future Faber Writing Academy courses, including Writing a Novel.