The Faber Writing Academy at Allen & Unwin offers you the unique opportunity to learn the essentials of creative writing within Australia’s leading independent publisher. The benefits of studying Writing A Novel with us include:
• Regular classes covering everything from the first conception of an idea through to getting words down on the page, narrative structure and style.
• Dedicated guidance from your experienced Course Director, as well as guest tutors drawn from a community of highly respected authors.
• A personalised individual consultation on your project from your Course Director.
• The chance to workshop your novel-in-progress in a supportive small-group setting with limited participant numbers.
• The ability to connect with fellow committed novelists, building a close-knit community of trusted readers. The connections made during this course will support and foster your work for years to come.
• The opportunity to establish valuable industry connections with key insiders from the Australian publishing. There is no better way to get on the road to publication than to meet the people who know how to make that happen.
Find the right course for you in the right location by exploring our 2022 program.
2022 Faber Writing Scholarships for Writing a Novel
Faber Writing Scholarships are open to anyone, and offer successful applicants the opportunity to take part in our programs in either Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and online for free.
We offer one dedicated Faber Writing Scholarship for a First Nations Writer.
Information, bookings and enquiries
For more information about the Faber Writing Academy at Allen & Unwin and any of the courses listed, please contact us:
T: 02 8425 0171
If you are booking, please read our Terms and Conditions first.