• Benefit from the structure of regular classes covering everything from playing with genre, the power of what is unspoken and using scenes and narrative summary to maintain momentum.
• Learn from our experienced Course Directors, as well as guest tutors including top authors, and agents/publishers.
• Receive personalised, one-to one attention on your project from your tutor.
• Get it done. When undertaken with Writing a Novel: Stage 1, this is a flexible alternative to a creative writing MA, designed for people who might be considering a career and who are prepared to engage fully in the hard work involved. Apart from the workshops, you will be devoting as much time as possible between classes to writing.
• Receive invaluable feedback by having the chance to present your work to your class of other committed novelists.
• Start your career with unrivalled access to those who know. There is no better way to get on the road to publication than to meet the people who know how to make that happen. Hear talks from people in the industry, then read to a room of agents at course completion.
Students completing Writing a Novel Stage 1 will have first preference for places in Writing a Novel Stage 2. Places for new students can only be offered if an existing student chooses to discontinue. We will advise new applicants of the availability of places as soon as possible.
Graduates who complete Writing a Novel Stage 2 will have the opportunity to be published in the annual Faber Writing Anthology.
The Faber Writing Anthology is distributed to publishers and literary agents across Australia and the United Kingdom.