• Benefit from the structure of regular classes covering everything from the first conception of an idea through to getting words on a page, narrative structure and style.
• Learn from our experienced Course Director, as well as guest tutors including top authors, and agents/publishers.
• Receive personalised, one-to-one attention on your project from your tutor.
• Get it done. When undertaken with Writing a Novel: Stage 2, this is a flexible alternative to a creative writing MA, designed for people who might be considering a career and who are prepared to engage fully in the hard work involved. Apart from the workshops, you will be devoting as much time as possible between classes to writing.
• Receive invaluable feedback by having the chance to present your work to your class of other committed novelists.
• Start your career. There is no better way to get on the road to publication than to meet the people who know how to make that happen.
Graduates who complete Writing a Novel Stage 1 and Stage 2 will have the opportunity to be published in the annual Faber Writing anthology.